Monday, March 7, 2011

Macon's 1st Birthday Sock Monkey Party!!!

We celebrated Macon's birthday just a bit early this year as he will aways have to compete with Daddy's work schedule. This year Daddy would not be home for his birthday because he would be in Bloomington at girls Big Tens. Lucky for us Macon was more than happy to celebrate early!!! We were lucky enought to have very special family, and friends come celebrate it with us!!!Gramma & GP were able to come in from Pittsburgh.  And Nut, Uncle Brett, and McKenzie were able to come up from DC to help celebrate! Ms Liz, and the Hargis', Mr. Thad, Ms Ashley also helped to make the party special!

We had a Sock Monkey Birthday Party!!! Macon thought it was just a perfect theme for his big 1!!!  It was a red, brown, and blue themed party! Macon had fun, but not as much fun as Molly did playing with John!!

The sock monkeysmash cake!! Tissue poms in the back ground

Macon's month by month photo calendar!

The table and home made banner!

The cake and cupcakes!!


I made Macon a smash cake and as soon as he got his hands into it and figured out that he couldn't get the icing off his hands he was DONE!!! He was screaming and crying and had had enough! Sorry sweet boy!! But overall the party was a sucess and I just can't believe that Macon is 1! It truely feels like yesterday that we brought him home from the hospital! He continues to be a sweet boy. He is on the verge of walking. He does a lot of climbing the stairs, standing and chasing after Molly! We really think that any day now we will have a walking boy!

All the goodies ready to eat!!
My first attempt at tissue poms!

Mommy & Macon

Birthday sign and party hat!

The fam!

The birthday boy!!

Partying with McKenzie


The decorations I made myself. When you become a stay at home mom you find silly crafty things to keep you and the kids busy!! Especially during the VERY long and cold winter! The tissue poms were something that I had seen on line that I wanted to try because I am going to make larger ones for Molly's room and everywhere I read that your first try would not be your best. So Macon's party was my trial run! I made the invatations to match too! Can't keep the teacher out of me! I had so much fun doing it that I am going to do McKenzie's party next week. I'll have to post pictures of all my craftiness later!!

Getting ready for the cake!! Macon LOVED getting sung to and even started dancing to the music!!

1 comment:

  1. Ok. It's hilarious that the theme extended to attendee clothing. Too cute :)

    ReplyDelete